Friday 5 April 2013

Still Cold!

Has everyone had enough of the cold now? I have. I am itching to get out into the garden to plant for the summer. Last year my veg plot was a complete disaster. I am really hoping this year will be better. I love being able to pop up the garden to pick fresh veg and have it on your plate within minutes. Even my poor Rhubarb has died over the winter..water logged then frozen to death! I thought Rhubarb was pretty indestructable, how wrong was I.

Over the Easter weekend my husband and I went to our caravan for the first time this year. Unwrapped it from its winter storage. The weather was cold but we were proper toasty in the van. We keep our van at Putsborough in North Devon, spectacular views over the beach as we look out the window day or night.


Whilst in Devon we did plenty of walking which Molly was delighted about. On the Sunday we went to Heddon Hill, not walked up here before. The views were stunning, a lovely walk albeit a bit chilly!  Following the walk we were starving, Hunter's inn was full to the brim so we headed back towards Blackmore Gate and popped into Woody Bay's railway station. We have passed this little station many times, but never stopped. It was really sweet. The restored steam engine travels to Killerton a 25 minute ride, we didn't go as it was packed out with Easter visitors all wrapped up in scarves and wooly hats. We stepped back in time, entering the tea rooms. A quaint little tea room, with a real coal fire, lots of memorabilia about the railways, pretty china tea cups and plates. We had the tastiest sandwiches ever and lots of piping hot sweet tea, bliss!
I would thoroughly recommend you try this little place.

 

View from Heddon Hill


Molly having a good dig on the beach

What did you do over Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment