Friday 26 April 2013

What's happened to Spring?



Spring is so late to arrive this year, I have a question. How does nature catch up?

My garden is about 6 weeks behind, it should be a mass of spring colour by now but there is hardly a bud open. The weeping cherry has very tightly wrapped buds just waiting for the sun to shine before they burst out in their glorious pink. My Tulips,  planted in the Autumn are only just opening, such a shame as I was expecting a beautiful display.

I need to understand what happens now if we suddenly have a heatwave, going straight into Summer, missing out spring. How does nature cope with this, doing all of the spring activity required before it would normally hit summer?????

Out on my walks with Molly, I have noticed how bare the tree's are, no green leaves!  Birds should be nesting in the trees, hiding their young in the foliage. Where are they building their nests this year?


One delightful view I have seen in the last few weeks was these spectacular rainbows.
Perhaps this is the colour I crave instead of the flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment