Friday 22 March 2013

Is this really Spring?





Is this really Spring?

Earlier in the week I was out walking with Molly, it was so cold and foggy. Is this really March I thought? I was on the Quantock hills near my home, I was quite alone, just me and the dog. As I walked I started to notice things around me, I became mindful. I noticed the cold, wrapping its self around me, making my hair damp and frizzy! I noticed the silence, it was lovely. Really quiet, no birds singing, no traffic, no aeroplanes or any animal noises. I stood quite still looking out into the fog, the silence was beautiful. How often do we get the opportunity to hear absolutely nothing? You should try this. 

Suddenly I noticed that even my dog, Molly had become calm, sitting by my side observing the silence, this was very new to her as normally she is haring around without a care in the world. Her behavior made me think about the affect humans can have on their pets, a calm, assertive approach is what Cesar Milan recommends, I don't disagree with his advice.  However, I think my calm state of mind at this very moment had a profound affect on her, she too appeared to be listening with intent, it was lovely to observe 


Molly just sitting and listening

Hill ponies sheltering under the trees

No comments:

Post a Comment