Sunday 3 March 2013

Weekend in March


A Weekend in March

I have had a lovely weekend, cold but lovely. Saturday was a 'me time' day. I started the day by having my nails done, I have been a nail biter all my life. My daughter is getting married in September, so I have promised myself I will have nice long nails at the wedding, and they will be my own. I am avoiding extensions, but having acrylic gel laid over the top of my own nail. Three weeks in and there is definitely a difference, they are starting to grow!!!! Following my nail treatment, I went to have an aromatherapy  massage with an holistic healer who I recently met via twitter. Nicki, the Wayside Healer, (www.waysidehouse.co.uk), is great, she makes you feel so welcome, like you have known her for years, not just a few weeks. She does fantastic facials, which I had last month, she offer's brilliant practical advice and give's you some Reiki healing whilst doing your chosen treatment. Next month I have opted for 'hot and cold stones' massage, I will let you know what its like. To end my day I went for a delicious meal at Clavershays Barn, right in the middle of the Quantocks, which is very near to where I live. A delightful barn converted in to a beautiful restaurant.  They serve locally sourced food, which is always beautifully presented and gorgeous to eat. I especially liked the peanut butter cheesecake last night, sweet with a slightly savory twist, a hint of ginger and homemade strawberry jam  served in a shot glass to eat with it. Who would have dreamt up the combination, it really worked !


Clavershays Barn


No comments:

Post a Comment