Friday 22 February 2013

Baking Friday

Biscuits and more!

Weekly, I have an organic veg box delivered. I appeared to have accumulated rather a lot of Broccoli lately, so decided today I needed to use it up. I  made Broccoli and Stilton Soups today using a recipe from Riverford Organic veg. Not made this soup before, it was really nice, not laden with cream but had a creamy texture. Nothing better than a bowl of soup, with home made bread for lunch on a cold day.


This evening I made Custard Cream biscuits. The recipe came from Jo Wheatley's book 'A Passion for Baking'. I recently bought this book for £4.00 from Sainsburys, its one of the best cook books I've seen for a while. The recipes are easy to follow, fun to make with lovely photo's and gorgeous to eat. You can follow Jo on twitter or her blog, which is really useful. www.josblueaga.com The blog is full of interesting recipes and information about baking.

The Custard Cream's I made were very easy to make, deliciously light and crisp. They melt in your mouth and you definitely want more than one!



What have you baked recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment